Archive for the ‘photos/images’ Category
First a view outside the Paulaner tent as I wobbled out to find a taxi!
Beer celebrations on Aug 6. The German Oompah band had them singing, dancing, standing and baring their torsoes!
I snapped these images with my iPhone 4 and downloaded to my laptop!
- A Relaxing Day in the Xinghai Beach Area – Dalian, China (travelpod.com)
He’s not the most complete bike racer but he is now the best Tour de France sprinter with the green jersey. Marc Cavendish fulfilled his dearest Tour de France goal this year and here is what his winning form looked like at the end of the 2011 Tour in Paris:
Here is what he had to say according to The armchair sports fan:
I finally got it, but it didn’t come easy. I really had to fight for it all the way to the last finish line and I’m very tired, but it was worth all that effort.
I had eight fantastic team-mates around me all the way, they kept working with me, I was close to getting it for the last two years and now it’s finally here.
I’m so happy, it’s incredible. It’s a great way to finish the Tour and a super, super emotional day.
- Tour de France: Mark Cavendish wins green jersey after final stage victory (mirror.co.uk)
- Mark Cavendish earns a place alongside the great sprinters (guardian.co.uk)
- Cavendish takes sprint title (mirror.co.uk)
His frustration with the Tour this year sort of burst out in some individual aggression on a Tour fan who just got too close to Alberto in his penultimate fight to gain the yellow jersey and top GC standing.
These kinds of Tour fans behave clownishly and don’t give much room to the competitors, especially on the HC climbs, like the Alpe d’Huez. More power to Alberto here since he seems to have acted in a normal human, like “Get out of the way you idiot!”
- Alberto Contador wraps up Giro d’Italia title (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Tour de France 2011: Alberto Contador vows to attack in bid to hold on to title (telegraph.co.uk)
I saw this pic and snipped it since I could relate to it right away. This view from the “top” is too much for me even in a pic. You see I am acrophobic, I suffer from an instant fear of heights!
I found a new site with lotsa great photos! This is one I snipped!
And then there is this one with the peleton riding over the Col du Galibier, a notorious Tour de France climb!
It’s July and France puts on two great public events then, Bastille Day parades and the Tour de France
There is something majestic about the kind of military parades that France puts on every Bastille Day. It seems to me that only the Russians put on similar military events with lots of troops on foot, on horseback, in military vehicles and in planes. Here is a glimpse at the parade this year with a view of the Arche de Triomphe in the background:
And on horseback in the sun this time
- France marks Bastille Day with military parade (independent.co.uk)
- Cityville Bastille Day Items, Country Cottage,French Revolution,Military Parades (socialdiets.wordpress.com)
- Robert Capa’s Bastille Days (fansinaflashbulb.wordpress.com)
- Vive La France: Paris Celebrates Bastille Day In Spectacular Style (huffingtonpost.com)